Bad breath (halitosis) affects approximately 65% of the population. Temporary halitosis is caused by a decrease in saliva production during sleep, combined with reduced tongue and cheek movements. Eating a healthy, balanced breakfast and brushing your teeth and tongue should get your breath smelling fresh again.
- Gum inflammation and disease.
- Inadequate oral hygiene.
- The presence of cavities and defective restorations.
- Food particles caught between the teeth.
- Sources of infection.
- Breathing through the mouth.
- Reduced saliva flow.
- An accumulation of bacteria and food debris on the tongue.